The Stables Theatre School visits - performances Risk Assessment advice The Stables is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all visitors, including school groups. In preparation for a visit schools have the primary responsibility to undertake their own risk assessment, including travel to and from the venue. We cannot provide a generic risk assessment to cover all circumstances as they will vary for each group, but we hope the information below will assist schools in carrying out their own risk assessment.
• The Stables Theatre is licensed as a place of entertainment by the local authority Milton Keynes Council and as such complies with all the required standards. This includes regular inspections by the Fire Brigade and the licensing authority.
• The Stables has in place policies and procedures relating to Health and Safety; Risk Assessments, Safeguarding Procedures; Working Practices, Fire Risk and Emergency Evacuations.
• Risk assessments are in place for all areas of the venue operations and reviewed as part on an ongoing process.
• A Duty Manager will be on duty for all performances, and all duty staff and ushers are trained in evacuation procedures. Members of the public should follow their instructions in the event of an emergency.
• A qualified First Aider is present on the premises at all times.
• The venue has private parking including disable parking bays. Parking is also stewarded to assist in locating drop of and pick up points.
• If a performance uses special effects (smoke, live flame, strobe lighting), warning notices will be displayed and The Box Office will endeavor to inform at the time of booking. The Stables will inform groups of any suggested minimum age and if a performance contains strong language.
• The Stables is an accessible and welcoming venue for customers with disabilities. If your group has any access needs such as wheelchair users, please inform the box office at the time of booking.
• Teaching staff/designated adults are responsible for the supervision of their pupils at all times during their visit to the theatre and in all areas including outdoor spaces.
• During performances teachers and carers must sit with their party.
• A minimum of 1 teacher/carer is required for every 10 pupils booked (higher ratios may be required for very young children). The Stables may offer free teacher places for school group bookings for some performances - further information from the Box Office.
Click here to download a PDF version of the Risk Assessment advice